Skip to main content

Saekano ( How to raise a boring girlfriend)

I tend to watch underrated Anime once in a while. There's always a hit and miss in doing so. Some turn out good, some turn out trash and some are like Saekano. Also, known as 'How to raise a boring girlfriend' , this show completely polarized my opinion of it till the end. For starters, there was forced ecchi fanservice was clearly unneeded for a show which was clearly trying to be a serious slice of life anime, but clearly what troubled me the most on the direction the show was heading. The first season for the most was mediocre, but not bad. The problem was in the second season where the show turned itself upside down, to the point I felt it lost its flavor and made me rage a bit about certain developments in the plot towards the end. One thing going good for it though was it's character development, which was really good. The show even though ended well, was pretty much really saved by the best girl of the show, who was there for MC at the end. The character development she got throughout the series was a treat to watch, which culminated into her becoming someone that saved the MC from a situation that would have broken him.

Yet, I still can't say if I hated or loved the show. It's just that polarizing.
Perhaps, the movie might change that opinion of mine?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kolkata Anime Club(KAC)

The 12th of December saw the Birth of the first official anime club of Kolkata.After nearly a month of haggling with the dates on Facebook,we finally managed to choose a date to have our first meet.Many had decided to attend,but some pulled out later with the Facebook event page showed only 7 people attending!Nevertheless we decided to carry on on hold the meet as scheduled.The meet was held on a lazy sunday afternoon at a well known mall Kolkata i.e South City.I arrived there a good half an hour early and made my way to the food court where the meet was supposed to be held.After a bit of searching ,I found the KAC members seated near the KFC outlet.Our club president Nia(Nyaa~Chan as we fondly call her ^_^),was the first to recognise me and I soon enough I found myself seated among a small and dedicated otakuish group.10 mins later and after the arrival of a few more members  we started off our meet dot on time.."Introductions Please" ,as Nia said,and I was the first one to

Jpopsuki 2.0

There aren't really too many private trackers out there which cater to jpop music,mostly except for Jpopsuki.The private tracker supposedly has more than a 100,000 members,the only problem being the tracker is closed for registrations most of the time,and by most of the time I mean it's barely open at all!!Registrations open once a year only for 3-4 days around the 9-10th of sep.Other than that new users can only sign up through invites...well the problem is that most of the users who have a few invites to share are mostly faggish and extremely annoying!!!There was this guy who pissed me off to such an extent that I seriously felt like running him over with a steam roller...most of the fucktards act like they own a million dollar lottery ticket which just hit the jackpot..well fuck em'..enough of my rant..if anyone ever feels like inviting me then send me an invite at gandharaj@gmail.com...I might even be obliged!

Into the world of...

This post is dedicated to my friend Duncan Taylor who always wanted to know how a pauper like me lives in a 3rd world country^^ 1.It's small,nothing great and a bit messed up  2.That's my Lenovo Laptop...I call it Sebastian(lol)  3.My HP netbook..I call it McMillan...Shiki dominates the desktop! 4.My mobile phone...A MOTO YUVA W230,it's pretty much on it's last legs... 5.My study Tale...I sit to study here sometimes by mistake or out of pure co-incidence.. 6.View of the outside....It's pretty clean for Kolkata.,but I don't really take care of the plants,thanks to which there's a creeper growing on my internet cable(the part where my hand is touching).... There's a bathroom but I think it's in everyone's interest we don't see that...